1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Help editing Hair Saloon Template (Urgent)

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Medvezhonok, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Medvezhonok

Medvezhonok New Member

Hi There!

First of all, thanks for creating this useful site. :)
    Now, I am trying to edit the Hair Saloon Template with Photoshop CS3 and there seem to be an error or something. Whenever I edit the text on the so called "Welcome" Group (take a look at groups in the layers tab in Photoshop) the system won´t save the new text. :confused: Why does this happen?. I guess it´s something to do with the index.html file. So I edit the index.html and add the text I want but since Photoshop converts that space into a table ( when saving for web) the background does not save the same color as the rest of the background.

This is really frustrating. Please I ask the person who created this template to make changes in the text (under "Welcome") and he will see the results. Please give me a solution, I don´t have much time and I need to build my site as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Why edit in photoshop? Just edit the index.html
    <h2><em>W</em>elcome</h2><br/>
    Change the "W" and the welcome to say
    <h2><em>N</em>ot elcome</h2><br/>
    It will look like Not welcome

3. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

The number one mistake made by noobies is changing the Photoshop file and then saving it for the web in photoshop. I only recommend making those changes if you know how to slice and code your own XHTML and CSS...