1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Hardware Store Template: I Need some help!

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Desilina, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Desilina

Desilina New Member

OMG - this template is driving me crazy. It looks perfectly fine when I preview it in the Geocities "preview", but when I click on the actual link, it looks horrible in the browser (both IE and firefox). I have added the style.css and even took the time to use PS to edit the company name. Has anyone successfully used this template?

If so, could you let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!!

2. Desilina

Desilina New Member

Is there anyone kind enough to help me? My post has been viewed almost 40 times now....please?

3. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

Hi. I haven't used it but I'd like to take a look - would you mind posting your link so it can be seen ?

4. Desilina

Desilina New Member

Thank you VERY much for your reply!

I've linked to 3 images. All are from Geocities, which is where I feel most comfortable editing and previewing html, as the user interface is straight forward, yet allows for advanced editing (in my opinion).
    • Image #1 is that of the 'file manager' preview in advanced editing mode. This is how the site looked after I cut & pasted the html, css, and all of the images. This is how I thought the site would look in IE and other browsers. Needless to say, I was very pleased with the results... :
    [​IMG]
    • Image # 2 is how the site ACTUALLY looked in the IE browser. This was a huge difference compared to how the file mgr preview looked! When I return back to the file mgr, and preview it again, it looks like the image above...but when I return to the IE version, it continues to look like the one below...what does that mean? I DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BETWEEN VIEWS - THE CODING IS THE SAME:
    [​IMG]
    • Image # 3 is how the site ACTUALLY looked from the bottom/lower area via IE...I scrolled down so you could see the full site. Once again, this is a big change from the file mgr preview, which showcased a beautiful, well formatted site. ONCE AGAIN, NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED - THE CODING REMAINS THE SAME. See below for the image of the site in IE:
    [​IMG]

Am I doing something wrong? I thought I did everything fine, especially since the file mgr preview came out exactly as the template should. But for some reason IE does not show it properly. Please help...I really do not know what I missed...and I've tried so many variations. Other templates from this site come out fine in both file mgr and IE, ... this one is giving me trouble.

I appreciate it!!

5. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

Hi,

I'm sorry to say the 3 images you've mentioned in your post above are not displaying. In other words, all I'm seeing is text. If I use view source, the url for each image shows up which is what I've done to take a look.

Under the circumstances and in my own experience, I would suggest that you review the code, It's quite possible something was missed. When I have had this happen, I start from scratch. You might try wc3 to validate your code and/or give you an idea where the problem is..

6. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

I was wondering - Have you figured out the error(s)