1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites //Golf Template\\ First css template "Be Genital"

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Jaybirddesigns, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Jaybirddesigns

Jaybirddesigns New Member

So, please give me a hard critque. I can take what you got to give me...
    I'm still a little worried about using the the photo marked pro (took from google images) but, the others i took myself. Does anyone know of a website i can get Images for free templates. I asked this question before in this forum but, no answer. Please help?

Rss works as well as the java buttons "pro shop" and "course."
    http://www.jaybirdfolio.com/Golf Template/index.htm

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I like the color scheme of your template and its structure.
    Though, I have some things to mention. When I look at the upper navigation menu it looks like you’ve crossed out such words as HOME, PROSHOP, COURSE, EVENTS, etc.
    I advice you to put these words a bit higher so they could be more readable.

3. Jaybirddesigns

I’m a bit confused as to what you’re referring to as crossed out. In my browser nothing seems crossed out. Should I make the Type face a bit darker?

Thank you for your constructive criticism.

4. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Jaybirddesigns, I’ll try to show the way I see HOME, PROSHOP and other button in the upper navigation menu. Please, feel free to browse the attached picture. Who knows probably my browser shows your site in a different way than yours )
    1.jpg

5. Jaybirddesigns

wow thats interesting. ya the btns are supposed to contained in that brown area. Are you using internet explorer? Do you know why that would do that? Thanks for your help.

6. beegee

beegee New Member

when I looked at the page I see the navigation the same as emilypal does when I view it with Firefox. When I looked with IE it is correct so has to be something in the reading of your css

7. Jaybirddesigns

Thanks for the insight that helps. Mabey i should look for a tutorial on cross platform optimization. Thanks for your help.

8. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Hello Jaybirddesigns,
    Yes I use Firefox. So I suppose there is some mistake in your code. I hope you’ll find the way to fix it. Good luck!

9. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

I just have one small comment.
    On the user login place, in Firefox 3 Beta 5, it over extend the width of the site.
    So, I don't know if its supposed to do that, or what.
    But, if its not I recommend you fix it.
    :)

10. Jaybirddesigns

Ya, I just downloaded Firefox and now i can see what is happening, but don't now why. Still searching.

11. smcintyre

smcintyre New Member

Hi JayBirdDesigns -

I got your note on http://psd2cssonline.com and thought I'd post my response here too.

The bottom line is that IE and Firefox just plain don't render all things exactly the same way. As you add CSS techniques, different sorts of tags, etc. to your arsenal as a web developer, you'll find what they are. I don't know all of them, but I saw one in the code of your page I'd seen before, and learned a new one :)

In the end the rule of thumb is: try to look at your page(s) on all major browsers before calling it done. In fact there are free services that will take a real shot of your web page in LOTS of different browsers for you. Check out: http://browsershots.org/ How cool is that?

So for your page I was able to get things to look much more similar between IE and Firefox for the drop down menu part by not using the < h3 >...< /h3 > around the menu choices. Everything lined up then - the font isn't what you had, but you should be able to 'refix' that with some CSS text attributes instead of the < h3 > so that both browsers look the same. I'd never seen that one before so thanks for teaching me something :)

The other one I had seen before is the CSS 'padding: ...'. IE and Firefox don't do the same things for that attribute. If you remove the padding part, they start to look more similar. Also the 'height' attribute was being handled differently between the 2 - it looks like IE will show the whole background image even if it extends outside the CSS boundry where as Firefox didn't.

But your design looks awesome! Thanks for using http://psd2cssonline.com to get that started. I'd really appreciate it if after you get it looking great on all browsers if you'd make an entry to our User Gallery over at http://psd2cssonline.com .

Thanks.

--
    Shaun
    http://psd2cssonline.com

12. Jaybirddesigns

Wow, thanks for the reply. I just started working on it and the h3 took care of the nav bar, but I am lost on the form part. I think it is behaving weird because of the background image. what I’m going to do is use your psd to css form tag and see how that works. I will defiantly post it on your site when I’m done.

13. Linx

Linx Member

The template design is really great without counting those several Graphical User interface issues.

Good work!
    Keep it on!

14. smcintyre

smcintyre New Member

Very cool. Thanks.

15. Jaybirddesigns

16. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Looks good.
    Just one idea.
    For the header, change it to CSS, and make a div box over it, so that they can edit it easier.
    (Some people don't have photoshop)

17. Jaybirddesigns

So that they can type thier logo in place with "yourgolfcourse.com"? That would be a good idea.

18. kathyper

kathyper New Member