1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Website Template with original illustrations

Discussion in 'Free Website Templates' started by Mimoun, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Today's new template is a game website template good for game developers, gaming fan sites or gaming clans.

[​IMG]

Download - View
    Web design sub pages:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This website template will work with all modern web browsers.

What is included:
    • HTML files source code
    • CSS file source code
    • The design source, in this case, the PSD files
    • Sliced PSD file (Photoshop source design)
    No Third party Stock Photos:

Third party fonts used:
    Font details coming soon.......

Credits:
    Credit details coming soon......

Design version 4
    Code version 2

Download - View

bdgold and hagafiz like this.
  2. Mchllgoddess

Mchllgoddess New Member

I downloaded this but have yet to figure how to use it. Where are the directions? lol

3. Mimoun

You make a good point we should make some guide or manual and show you an example from download to finish.
    If you can’t wait you can use the basic primer made by ishkey for now.
    You can also search the forum or ask any question on the forum if you get stuck.

We will try to make a very easy to follow guide with pictures or even videos.
    I will make it a priority to get this done. We will need some time for it as it will be a hard (but not impossible) task to explain how to do this for a beginner.

If you want to use the website templates right now then you do need to know a little HTML and CSS in order to edit the files we have already coded in the template for you. You will also need to get hosting and know how to upload files.

If you don't what to learn how to code you can create a free website without having to code, unzip or upload anything.

Note that the game website template does not work with the online website editor yet, but we are working on that and all our website templates will be working with the online editor in two months or less.

4. Mchllgoddess

Mchllgoddess New Member

Thx. Mimoun. Quick response. I'm inquisitive. I'll find a way. Great site though.

5. darren k.

darren k. New Member

This is a cool template, is it possible to get a few alternative social icons for the footer (i.e. rss/twitter/youtube) instead of the facebook/twitter/g+ it comes with as well as the menu shade red instead of multi colored?

6. Mimoun

I will see if we can do single color buttons and add some extra icons with the next version update of this template, but it may take some time before the next update is ready.

7. darren k.

darren k. New Member

Thats cool, just thought i'd ask graphics ain't really my thing and i think i'm going to try and use this template for a personal project i'm playing with . Thanks for the use of some cool templates and website/service . Last question on this, i know i can alter the template to my desired needs but is it also cool to use one of the graphics (or two) and alter it a bit and use it as part of a logo for this personal project i'll be using this template for ? I've uploaded the graphic I'd like to associate with the logo of the website project.

Attached Files:

8. Mimoun

In this case you can do that since the graphics are original illustrations and not from a third party.

9. darren k.

darren k. New Member

Cool, thanks again. I'll be sure to link to freewebsitetemplates.com for use of this template and graphic.

10. greenpk

greenpk New Member

I am a beginner to dreamweaver. 2 things I never figured are where to place codes for not making a mess.
    Like you download a custom search bar and want to put it into a dreamweaver template and replace the existing one and then I get a mess.

Anyway I have one problem with this template. I edit the "Game Website" Logo in photoshop. I save it and replace the existing one. When I open dreamweaver I get an error saying something wrong with that image. The game website logo dont show in dreamweaver. (The editted one) What can I do?

11. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Probably a silly question but, did you save it as a transparent png as well?

12. greenpk

greenpk New Member

What you mean about transparent png?

I saved the psd file as png like the old one was. The background was transparent yes. It was on both pics "The old and the new one"

13. greenpk

greenpk New Member

I can't replace any pictures or text on the template. I get error message when open the index.html and the new picture don't show up. Instead there ain't any picture there anymore

14. bogey monster

bogey monster New Member

Hi, a quick msg to excellent designer. This is a very tidy webpage, and I like it alot, impressed enough to happily leave links on my new page back to here.. however it displays fine in browser, but when I try to edit it with my Dreamweaver MX it does not display correctly, and I cannot see the layout well enough to edit it. All the elements are on top of each other! I have also tried using webpage-maker.com, and still does not display backgrounds, or the correct layout. Can you please advise which softwares to use to edit this (Wix dosen't load or have this page either). Many thanks in advance for help, hopefully not too expensive as my Dreamweaver MX originally cost quite alot, and does not have much support/help available. Regards, Tony.

15. Daniel Kelly

Daniel Kelly New Member

Hi quick question, I love this template and am using it for a project but in terms of the blog page how do you actually get to blog. I dont have any experience in this I only know HTML and CSS. Any help would be appreciated
    Regards, Daniel

16. Daniel Kelly

Daniel Kelly New Member

Also just one other question, for some reason when i click onto a different page, it goes to that page no problem but the navigation tab on the top doesnt stick with the color. e.g when im on the home page the home nav tab stays blue then when i click the blog page or any other page it goes to that page but the nav tab doesnt change color it goes back to grey and the home nav tab stays blue even though I would be on the blog page. I dont know if this explanation is great but if you could help that would be great,
    Regards,
    Daniel

17. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Daniel Kelly
    how to blog - the hard way, edit the template manually for each blog post or find a blog or cms software you like and read up on in the section "how to make your own template" by using this one.
    2nd question - upload all the files to your server, something is missing or download the file again and unzip it.

18. ajibaskoro

ajibaskoro New Member

is template compatible with mobile device are responsive web ?

19. Mimoun

The template is compatible with mobile devices, but it's not responsive yet. We are working on making all our website templates responsive in the future. Do note that responsive web design is more about aesthetics and less about compatibility as your website will work on mobile devices even without responsive web design.

20. Daniel Kelly

Daniel Kelly New Member

Hi I have everything uploaded onto our server but still no look with it. The home tab is just constantly staying blue no matter what page I am on. I have compared the 2 stylesheets, the one that came with it and the one that I used to change around and there both identical part from one tab that I took out. So I am out of ideas really do you have any idea what it could be.???