1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphic Tools Free Plugin to remove background.

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by CovertPea, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

2. wacki56

wacki56 New Member

Great resource! What can I use to capture an image from a photo? ie: Say I want to pull a person out of a photo to use on a web site. I try the lasso in Gimp....but the edges are rough as heck! I'd like smooth or maybe blurred edges.

Thanks,
    Bill

3. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I've never used Gimp, doesn't the lasso tool have an 'antialiasing' or smoothing option?

4. wacki56

wacki56 New Member

Hello,
    Yes there is an anti alias tool with the lasso feature.......but I'm lost as to how to use the feature to crop our an image to where it looks nice! Is there a program that does this with a low learning curve?!

Bill

5. rblbliss

rblbliss New Member

Hi,

With using the lasso feature in gimp along side the layer mask tool you will get the desired effect.

It is very easy to achieve once you know how, below is a link for a great easy to follow tutorial.
    Removing Image Backgrounds - Gimp | NZ Photo Info

hope this helped.

6. gnoble

gnoble New Member

Anyone have a link for a plug-in for PS CS4? The one that CovertPea posted does not seem to work in the CS versions.

---EDITED 6/10/10---

I figured it out. If you have one of the CS versions of Photoshop this is what you need to do. Unzip the file to a folder. Then in Photoshop go to Edit --> Preferences --> Plug-Ins. In the Plug-Ins menu check the "Additional Plug-Ins Folder" box. Then click the "Choose" button and locate the folder that you unzipped the plug-ins to. Restart PS and it should be uploaded.

*Note - for some reason I had to restart PS three times for this plug-in to be listed in the Filters menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.