1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum maintenance with downtime

Discussion in 'News' started by Mimoun, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

I will be updating the forum software today and tomorrow.
    The forum will be down for a 1 hour or less today.
    Tomorrow you may see some design glitches and a little down time.

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Thanks for the heads up Mimoun.

3. GG

GG Active Member

ooooooo can't wait for those to happen.

I've already noticed a few changes not sure if that's it but well done though :) always nice to have a change :)

4. GG

GG Active Member

Just a suggestion if I may?

It is possible to change the theme or background of the site? In my opinion, I think the stripes don't give a very professional look and the size of the forum doesn't take up the full width of the page making it look a little small and less space for the designers to work with.

This is just my opinion, not sure if anyone else thinks so too?

But so far, so good with the new changes it does make it easier to understand. :)

5. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mimoun

I think GG has a point, would be nice for a different back ground (but not complaining)

i do like the new drop down's, great work mate

6. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

I can easily change the background. Not sure what color to change it to a solid plain gray color, light blue, white or something else?
    As for the width that will be changed in the next big update.

7. GG

GG Active Member

Erm can you have a custom background? If so, then all the designers could have a bash at making one and we can all vote on what would suit the site.

If not, then you could try a gradient backgrund going from Dark Blue to Light Blue, and if not that lol then maybe having a White background may look good? I've seen that used on many other forums OR you could have a darker colour than the forum colour. The Gray will probs look good.

Anyone else got any ideas?

8. GG

GG Active Member

Anyone got any ideas for the background of the forum?

9. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

I quite like the current background :< Not too detailed yet not too plain, not eye-catching yet not boring.

10. hkrish

hkrish New Member

hi i like the current background, it is simple and nice to look