1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Football club badge required please

Discussion in 'Archived' started by NeilMessham, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Hi All

I am after a customised club badge for my football team please.

Its our 10th season and we've always had a boring run-of-mill, pre-desgined one and think its time to finally get our 'own identity.'

A friend of mine has meant to be doing for us but has other more important matters on his plate so, after many poor, failed attempts, I have decided to post on here.

Many thanks

As requested:

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    Our team name is AFC Donsville, I'm not too fussed whether this is included in the badge or not

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    The Official Home of The Dons

3) Description of your website or business:
    Football club

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    There's so many, but something quite simplistic and modern looking, and must be symmetrical please.

5) Requested size of your logo:
    The badge will be used on our website and will be embroidered on our shirts.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free) No sorry

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Mainly image please, but we were formed in 2002 and our name can be incorporated.

8) What colours do you want to see in your logo?
    Not too fussed BUT we like gold, and our original colours were green/black/white

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    Pink, brown, purple

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Anyone and everyone

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Class, success, modern

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Website, kit, match programme

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    Last year we won the Berks & Bucks Cup so we're thinking of incorporating a crown and have 3 premier division titles so possibly 3 gold stars, one for each. I like the idea of it being quite simplistic, no animals or sword/flames etc

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    Just a font that's in keeping with the theme of the badge.

Thanks once again :D

2. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Getting really desperate for this as we need it embroidered to the kit by next weekend, willing to pay.

Thank you

3. Moedig

Moedig New Member

I've done a few sketches and that and started a bit in Adobe Illistrator for you but it probably wont be anywhere near done till tomorrow/tuesday as im kinda busy myself, ill keep you updated though :)

4. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

That's fantastic, thank you. Had a play with Adobe photoshop today and while I made some progress I ended up getting really angry lol.

5. Moedig

Moedig New Member

Heh ;) well im working on some of it now so ill let you know later tonight if i get it done, only got a few things left :)

6. Moedig

Moedig New Member

[​IMG]

Heres what i came up with, Dunno what you think but I'm still kinda new to it all myself and since no-one else replied and I'm waiting on my own logo thought id give a go at giving as well as expecting to take ;) hope you like it

p.s this is a vector file and can be resized, let me know what to change or if your not at all happy with it

7. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Hi mate, many thanks for the great attempt, has given me a few ideas....Any chance you could square off the top so less waves? Love the placement of the stars and the ball but any chance of swapping the ball for an older looking one (Barcelona's badge as an example) and possibly have stripes behind- (green and white or green and black). And not too sure on the banner below. If it does have our team name, any chance of having it at the top, inside the badge, maybe blocked off from the rest with a line underneath?

Hope that isn't too much work and really appreciate your time :)

8. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Or how about something like this?? Sorry to be a pain, saw something similar and it just started drawing! Think that's nearly it, not too sure on the crown though :confused:

Attached Files:

9. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi Neil

Just a reminder as per the Do's and Don'ts in the Sticky post regarding helping around the forum in order to get your logo started, you will find once you help others (as simple as giving website reviews etc) then more designers will help you?

But as i liked your design thought I'd give it a go, remember the more colours used, price goes up on printing...ouch
    The crown....not so good, much better with out

dafc.jpg

10. 1970Forest

Or this to make the D stand out?

dafc2.png

11. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Bloody brilliant job there John with the "D's". Love the darker green in particular.

Well done! :D

12. 1970Forest

Lady S, I'm truely humbled (Now put me on the pay-roll....lol)

Good to see it when a requester knocks up a design we can work with!!!!

13. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Hi 1970 Forest,

Many thanks for your reply and advice, great work! I have one or two small adaptations if you wouldn't mind please?

Instead of trying to explain, I did a quick bodge job in paint, I hope that isnt breaking any rules?!

The only thing I'm maybe thinking of is outlining the D in gold? And maybe a thin black line dividing the green and white stripes?

Thanks once again for your help, much appreciated :D

Attached Files:

14. 1970Forest

Neil

While I do the changes this will give you time to do your part around the forum (small price to pay)

15. 1970Forest

Made the changes, changed font on AFC to look better with the D.

Let me know what you think pls.

I'm away for a day please feel free to keep helping around forum, every little helps!!

dafc.png

16. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Absolutely love it mate, fantastic work, thank you.

The only thing I was thinking was about straightening the stars up but to be honest I love it as is!!

Thank you again :D

17. modman

modman VIP Member

think the stars mite look better in a line

18. 1970Forest

Here's it with the stars in a line; IMPO the flow of the badge does not feel right now

dafc3.png

19. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

After seeing it now I tend to agree.

Is there any chance I can get the final images (stars in a line and completing the circle- will let the team vote) to forward to our printer/embroidery company please?

Many thanks

20. 1970Forest

Here are the 2; right click on pics then save picture as;

When you have decided I will forward vector files to your registered e-mail for the printer

com.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.