1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Tools Fix The Web

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by GG, Nov 27, 2010.

1. GG

GG Active Member

Hey all,

Came across this website the other day and though it would be a good idea to post here for everyone else to see: Addressing accessibility | Fix the Web

It is a site to help those with disabilities that have trouble viewing websites. You can either be a reporter (if you have disabilities) or a volunteer.

The reporter is those that have disabilities and are having trouble viewing a certain website. They can then report it and write down what problems they are having with the site such as navigation, text size, use of colours etc

The Volunteer then takes on that report and you can choose which report you would like to take on and has the job to contact the website owner themselves and get the problems resolved on behalf of the person with disabilities.

I think it is a good idea that someone set up, I just got in touch with Porsche the car company as someone had problems with the site. Just waiting for them to get back to me but it's basically set up to help those with disabilities use the web without any problems :)

2. boxedart

boxedart New Member

Cool idea. Here are some other web accessibility resources:

A-Checker: Online accessibility checker that tests web pages for conformance to various accessibility guidelines.
    IDI Web Accessibility Checker : Web Accessibility Checker

A-Prompt: Accessibility evaluation and repair tool.
    A-Prompt Project

Access Colors: AccessColor is a free online tool which analyses the internal and external CSS of a web page to test the colour contrast and colour brightness between the text and background colours
    Web Accessibility: AccessColor Tool- free online color contrast analyser for accessible web pages -

CSS Analyzer: This service has been provided to allow you to check the validity of your CSS against the W3C's validation service, along with a colour contrast test, and a test to ensure that relevant sizes are specified in relative units of measurement.
    Juicy Studio: CSS Analyser

3. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

I've run across "Viewable With Any Browser" in the distant past, it surfaced again a couple of months ago. Just so happens my browsers in use have been frequently crashing, enough said there. Honestly, I'm not sure how far a campaign like this will go in today's world but appears to fit the topic.