1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites DIY Audio Website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by gmilitano, Feb 13, 2007.

1. gmilitano

gmilitano New Member

It would be appreciated if you folks could review my website: DIY Audio Projects.

The website is made from a template I downloaded a while back.

I know there are several problems with it. When I scanned it using w3 or anybrowser there are a pile of errors.

What I am looking for is a simple 2 column page similar to what I have now.

Menu on the left, content in the middle and a simple logo on top. It would be nice to have a small navigation bar that locates the page you are on. i.e. Home >> Tubes >> 12AX7 Preamp

I want to grow the site, so I figure now is the time to get it correct. The problem is I don't have the skill to start from scratch and with all the standards, I don't know what to use. Should I use HTML 3.2 / 4 or should I be using XHTML + CSS?

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

2. gmilitano

gmilitano New Member

I updated my DIY Audio Projects website using XHTML 1.0 and CSS. Take a look and tell me what you think.

3. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Nice site, the template is a little bit borring though.

We are not taking any more template requests at the moment, you sure theres nothing allready made on this site you can use?

You can allways modify the templates images so it does not matter if its a radio template ect, you just modify it to suit your own sites theme.

4. Graciella

Graciella New Member

Nice, clean and simple. That's are 3 words to describe your website.
    I do not like only background color if you go with mouse over link. I would for example try with darker grey instead of some kind of blue.
    Everything else seems to be fine.I like simplicity and effectiveness and it is your site.

5. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I am not a big fan of plain sites anymore with the new web standards of today Web 2.0 for example...I LOVE web 2.0, I love the crisp reflective look of the images, but you know everyone has different tasts, one mans trash is anothers treasure right? (Not that I am comparing your website to trash...I have seen some really bad websites before and yours isn't bad at all...) You have to find out what your target market thinks...I know there are a lot of sites that I have designed for my clients that I absolutely dislike, but it isn't what I want, it is what their target market wants....anyhow, I agree with Scoooooty...it's a little boring but not the worst I have seen.

6. gmilitano

gmilitano New Member

Thanks for the comments. I will play with the colors a bit. Demographics would be and older crowd.

I am now wondering if I should have gone with something like Wordpress. The ability to leave comments would be nice.