1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Darts emblem

Discussion in 'Archived' started by hamo, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamo

hamo New Member

First up, sorry to ishkey for not contributing back. I was away watching football all of last week. I have become more active and will continue to be.

Me and a few mates are setting up a darts team and basically we are after a logo that will go on a t-shirt to begin with but later will be used on any newsletters or advertising for competitions etc. If anyone wants to give it a go I would really appreciate any attempts.:):)

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?

BROWNLOW HOUSE DARTS ASSOCIATION --- OR INITIALS OF THIS

2) What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)?

N/A

3) 3) Description of your website or business

ITS A LOCAL DARTS ORGANISATION BEING FUNDED THROUGH A COMMUNITY GROUP

4) ) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey the style you are looking for?

I DONT HAVE ANYTJONG IN MIND SO ITS UP TO THE DESIGNERS DISCRETION

5) 5) Requested size of your logo:

ITS FOR A T-SHIRT SO A FEW INCHES SQUARED OR AROUND THAT SIZE

6) 6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)

A GOOGLE IMAGES SEARCH OF 'BROWNLOW HOUSE LURGAN' WILL BRING UP IMAGES.NOT SURE WHAT ONES COULD BE USED

7) 7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?

AGAIN UP TO THE DESIGNER. THE MORE DESIGNS THE BETTER

8) 8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    9) 9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?

THE T-SHIRTS WILL BE BLACK SO AGAIN UP TO THE DESIGNER

10) 10) Describe the target audience for your logo

N/A

11) 11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?

WHERE WERE LOCATED AND WE ARE A DARTS ASSOCIATION

12) 12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?

TO BEGIN WITH JUST ON T-SHIRTS BUT POSSIBLY ON WEBSITES AND POSTERS ADVERTISING POSSIBLE COMPETITIONS WE MIGHT RUN

13) 13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?

N/A

14) 14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    AGAIN ILL LEAVE THIS ONE UP TO ANYONE WHO HAS A GO

Just putting this up because of the great results last time. Anyone who wants to have a go please do and let your imagination run wild:D:D. Any efforts will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    Hamo

2. hamo

hamo New Member

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

All very nice pictures of great architecture, makes my long for the days when I traveled. I would stay at a place like that for hours just looking in amazement, thinking to myself of the detail and craftsmanship that is long lost in todays world.
    Nice samples of logos also, don't know if this would work, had it sitting in my files for awhile but it is a start and I am sure someone else will toss something into the mix.
    Tell what is good and bad so we all know.

dart.png

shirt.jpg

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Very nice Mr Ish, doubt I'd top that.....:rolleyes: (no pun intended)

5. jd132

jd132 VIP Member

super cool :) ishkey

6. ishkey

I guess that means us Americans are better at Darts than you Brits.:D

Thanks I've been an admirer of your work.

Came up with one more - changed the Darts.

brit_darts.jpg

7. hamo

hamo New Member

Cheers for giving this a go ishkey, its looking good already. Give it a go if you want forest any ideas are welcomed.

@ ishkey - the castle is amazing. My mate is the caretaker so i have been all over the place from the roof to the dungeons. It amazes me how places like this were built in the early 1800's with such designs and attention to detail. For example, all of the chimney pots are different designs. I can post a bit of a history up if you want but dont want to bore everyone.lol.

Im loving the overall design atm with the name around the outside and the positioning of the darts in the second one. I would however make a few changes if its not to much bother.
    1. Could we try a different colour for the outside ring with the name to make it stand out a bit more?maybe red or whatever you think suits.
    2. I would like the castle incorporated in some way and I was thinking of replacing the dart board with one of the pics of the castle if this is possible?
    3. I like the positioning of the darts in the second logo but if possible could the darts be replaced with one of the darts below or something similar?

http://image.shutterstock.com/displ...-jack-flight-on-white-background-61320508.jpg

http://www.stanlee.plus.com/darts.jpg

Soory if this is a lot to change. Any efforts are appreciated

8. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Ishkey -
    Here's that castle after using a 'pencil sketch' filter. Looks okay on both black or white bg.
    Could be used as a kind of 'watermark' behind the darts?

Attached Files:

9. hamo

hamo New Member

:eek::eek: That looks absolutely brilliant covertpea. Thank you so much, its really appreciated

10. hamo

hamo New Member

Oh also, Could we lose the word community from the name please. Thanks Again

11. ishkey

Here is my last shot at this hamo - I'm just to busy (gotta work to pay the bills) - sure someone will jump on it, as I said just posted to get it started.
    CP post a pencil sketch you liked which only she has, you posted a couple of links to darts - one you will have to buy, the other to much work to be usable. I gave it my best.

remake2.png

12. hamo

hamo New Member

13. 1970Forest

Don't no why you would want to change the dart, but this is a good one

Attached Files:

14. hamo

hamo New Member

I just think a real dart would look better than the cartoon style one in my opinion. Thanks for finding that one. Any one want to give this a go please? It would be the last change I think I would make

15. 1970Forest

You may try asking Ishkey if he would replace the darts (just a thought)

It's a PNG Mr Ish, and I would assume with all the detail in the logo this darts team have some major funding for printing....

16. hamo

hamo New Member

I dont want to keep pukein him Forest. He already said he didnt have the time to be doing it. Would you reccomend just keeping the darts that are on it atm??

17. 1970Forest

Personally, I would keep it to Ishkey's design, 3 main reasons are;

All the work and formats are ready to go
    The dart when shrunk to an emblem size, you really would not notice the difference (unless you carried a magnifying glass)
    Printing cost would go through the roof, so much detail, unless its for a print on the whole back of the shirt

If all the elements are there that you like, but really would like the dart changed, the only way then is to ask Ishkey, but remember he is a great believer in giving back to the forum, you show more willing to help, then maybe just maybe he may be convinced???? (but you didn't hear it from me.....lol)

18. ishkey

All the Darts hamo posted have been copyrighted and he hadn't purchased the rights to use them. So with that said I am not tempting fate on my end.
    I will be happy to replace the darts if he does.
    As far as the printing cost they went to digital printing the moment he wanted the background picture put in.

19. hamo

hamo New Member

I think i'll take your advice forest. You's obviously no better than me what would be best as youve done many before. As for giving back, I do try but alot of this goes flying over my head.lol. I try to review were I feel it would be constructive rather than just repeating what others have already said.

I didnt realise they were copyrighted ishkey.(my bad). Like I said I was very happy with what you produced and in hindsight changing the darts was probably just me being fussy. Would it be possible to get the last one you made ishkey in a format that I could go to the printers with?

And can I just say thanks again for all the advice and help im getting

20. ishkey

sure or how about the chrome color ones Forest posted.

remake2.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.