1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Custom Logo request

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Lyns, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyns

Lyns New Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to help others out with your incredible skills. I can't wait to see my new logo! :)

Here's some info, hope it's enough!

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    The Perfect Jeans

2) What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)?
    [the-perfect-jeans.com]The Perfect Jeans, fashion's #1 site for advice on finding that perfect pair However, this site isn't up yet! I downloaded the theme "beauty company" from this site and am hoping to use it as my template. The color of the logo there is a fuscia color, however I really am liking apricot, and nice shades of orange, too!

3) Description of your website:
    It's a website for women with fashion advice for wearing and styling denim.

4) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?

I am really wanting to stick to simple and classic--almost like the logo on the template from here. "beauty company" It could have a little more spice, but really I like fonts such as Arial narrow that have a classy, modern feel.

5) Requested size of your logo:
    It will be used solely on the web. It may be handy to have smaller versions for various places on the site, but that isn't necessary!

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Nope, sorry!

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Since I don't have an image to offer, I imagine text only will be my only choice. However, text and image are appealing too.

8)
    What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Apricot, orange, fuscia and perhaps something denim-ish

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    Green, brown, purple

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Women, middle-upper class

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Fashion advice, style, femine

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Website

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    I've attached two images I really like. Wouldn't mind using them.

Thanks so much!

Attached Files:

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi Lyns

I'm not too sure what you are after in a logo? the examples shown are more like photo shoots (forgive me if i'm being thick) and would not convert into a logo.
    A logo would be along the lines of ; Levis, Pepe, wrangler etc etc

It seems to me you are after a photo 'shot' for you website????

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

It should be under forum - Request a graphic or website customization

4. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

Me thinks she wants something like this Forest (Just in her desired colours, and the 'added spice'):

[​IMG][​IMG]

I assume the pictures are there just so you can put a textbased logo onto a picture.

5. Lyns

Lyns New Member

Hey guys, Recidivist is right, (and 1970Forest, I'm the "thick" one!!). I actually wasn't sure what images to provide, so I put those two images out there because I liked the colors in them and if a logo could work with them, like Recidivist said, that would be great too. Otherwise, the logo that Recidivist offered was like I was thinking! Sorry for the confusion!! And, thanks for the quick replies!

6. 1970Forest

Just a tester to see if I'm on the right lines;

Attached Files:

7. Lyns

Lyns New Member

Thank you so much, Forest! You are so skilled. I really like the way that you used the jeans in place of the letter "n". I had actually considered using the image I had provided of the legs in heels to replace the "a" in "jeans" but of course, I have no talent at that kind of stuff whatsoever, so I didn't pursue it.

I'm not sure, though, if this image will work for my site. Would it be hard to just recreate the text that Recidivist provided, but with my words and perhaps making the word "the" smaller and hovering above (not sure if I'm using the right lingo!) and the word "perfect" larger, with jeans smaller but hovering lower.. (I'm sorry for my lack of words to describe this!)

I really hope I'm not being difficult. I truly appreciate your time and effort!

8. ishkey

Lyns please dont forget #2 in the Sticky Post
    The DO'S
    2. Help out others while you're wating, look around the forums and see where YOU can help out others.
    We are a "give & take" group. If we see you are willing to help others we will most
    definately help you. A good first place to lhelp out is in our "Request a Website Review"

While you are looking around to help out - here is something else to look at.
    Tried to use the colors you stated and made the "Jeans" in denium.
    It might work for the template.

(Graphic Removed)

9. Lyns

Lyns New Member

Thanks for the advice. I was hesitant to begin offering my support on the forum since I really am a novice at all of this, but I can give my opinion over at the site review forum!

Thanks so much for the logo. I really like it! You are incredibly talented. Do you think you could make it without the graphic on the right, though? I have a picture that I think I'd like to put near it that would work. It's actually the picture of the lady pulling on the jeans. Is there any way that those two could be merged? Otherwise, I will just try to float (I think that is the right term) it near it.. Thanks so much! And, I will head on over to the review forum... :)

10. GG

GG Active Member

Thought i'd give this a go too since it's something different :) Feel free to help wherever you can :)

Used the image that you wanted onto it as part of the logo too but here it is...

TPJ_logo.jpg

Let me know what you think..

11. 1970Forest

Someones getting spoilt for choice...lol

Ish, nice set-up, but the graphic (how can i put this politely)

GG Like it very nice (just puppet the girl into place) would get my vote

but did alter mine a tad, just in case

Attached Files:

12. Lyns

Lyns New Member

No kidding, I'm not used to this kind of treatment! I'm really going to have to pay it forward. Really nice, everyone. I'd have to say that GG has the logo that made me really say "wow". Still, I love seeing everyone's creativity and incredible talent. Bravo.

Thank you to everyone!

13. GG

GG Active Member

Does that mean you've made your decision? I have sharpened the image a little more so let me know if that is ok and if so then i'll send you the file to the e-mail address that you used to sign up to the forum :)

TPJ_logo.jpg

Thanks
    GG

EDIT: Forgot to upload image.

14. ishkey

Hey not so fast GG, 1970Forest and I are still working, plus Lyns is going to make the rounds on the forum.
    1970Forest all I added were shoes and pants. I used 3 times the amount of starch in the pants, put the shoes inside the leg openings and let it dry. :D shoes and pants.jpg

(Graphic Removed)

15. 1970Forest

Ish I've said it before but will say it again, the forum would be soooo dull without your wit!!! I know how seriously you take your work and would not be surprised if you did not model that graphic to get that look:D:D:D

I like your latest one (where did you get the idea for the graphic....lol

Nice work though guys:)

16. ishkey

Had to order the shoes from sexy shoes com as my size 10 1/2 US, 44 EUR, 10 UK.
    Greased up my legs, slid into the jeans, popped on the shoes and stood in front of the full length mirror while I sketched with my Bamboo Tablet.
    An hour later the starch dried hard as a rock so I can't sit, my feet swelled so I'm stuck in the shoes.
    On a bright note - the wife came home - took one look at me and said...
    You still have a Cute Tush. :cool:

17. 1970Forest

Ish you really should write a web page"The World According to ISHKEY"

Now I just cant get the image of a Otter in that get-up outta my head:eek:

Sorry all for going of subject, but it's brightened up my day:D:D

18. Lyns

Lyns New Member

Ok, I'm new to this forum but already I have gotten to see amazing talent and some interesting characters! Forest and Ish, you guys are too fun! I seriously laughed out loud reading the above text. And, really everyone is so talented.

Well, I've made some rounds around the forum trying to give some review advice and now I'm back to you all. I have to say, I love how the little lady just popped off the picture. She's my favorite. I like the script that Ish used to most. It's a little more my style than the font that GG used. Ish, Could you make the lady sharper looking like GG did?

I am really impressed with all of the choices, however, and would be happy with any of them. Thanks for your time, everyone!

19. ishkey

Lyns did you purchase a license to the image according to Corbis Content License Agreement?

20. GG

GG Active Member

I really didn't think of that when creating the logo.

Lyns we really need you to reply as soon as possible about the matter above. We have noticed that you have looked right at the post but ignored it and went on to other parts of the forum and you have not replied back ever since.

Could you please reply back as soon as possible as all graphics will be removed if we see that you have looked at the post but have not replied back.

Thank you
    GG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.