1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Creative Flare Required For New Logo

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Tioc, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tioc

Tioc New Member

Many hours of scouring websites for inspiration an basically coming up with designs my 11yr olde son would giggle at I arrive here, and I must say I was astounded by the quality of some of the designs ive seen.
    So im here humbly hoping someone can help me with a new logo.

Its a new venture which we supply large format posters/prints on vinyl/canvas/gloss. Im really open to any ideas but have filled the Q/A below

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    The name is 'Monster Printz', the URL would be www.MonsterPrintz.com. so any variation of seperating the names to 3 seperate lines

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    In proccess of being created (www.MonsterPrintz.com)

3) Description of your website or business:
    Posters/Canvas Prints (User generated/Movies/Sports etc)

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey

I kinda like the idea of a central chrter similar to the one below, but im not held to that ... im wide open to ideas

[​IMG]

5) Requested size of your logo:

N/A

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)

N/A

7) What logo styles do you like

As No#4 I like the idea of having a central chrter, something that depicts some form of monster similar to

[​IMG]

Also open to some one with a 'bit of a dark' creative flare to incorperate a more sinister feel to it

[​IMG][​IMG]

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Vibrant bright colours preferably

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    'Free reign'

10) Describe the target audience for your logo

Kids/Teens

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?

Movies/fun/scary

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?

Website/Polo shirt

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?

N/A

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.

N/A

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

How's this for the monster? (its a free source if anyone wants to add to it)

monster.png

3. Tioc

Tioc New Member

Yeah thats exactly what I was aiming for

4. ozone73

ozone73 Member

I'm gonna try to come up with something. I always get excited when there's something new being requested.

Nice monster image Forest.

5. Tioc

Tioc New Member

Cheers, was hoping I wasnt gonna have to change the site to 'FootballLogoPrintz.com'

;o)

6. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Just an idea to get things going ...

Attached Files:

7. 1970Forest

Ozone, very nice indeed!!!

8. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Thank you Forest! It's been a while since I've made anything here. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of things.

9. Tioc

Tioc New Member

Awesome, thats along the right track. Only thing i would be worried about is when resized for Polo/Web site logo the writing in the scroll would be to small. Maybe if he was holding a more rectangular banner

10. ozone73

ozone73 Member

So you want a rectangular banner and you want it bigger so the text inside it will be bigger? Do you mind if the monster's feet are covered up by the banner?

11. Tioc

Tioc New Member

No I dont mind if the feet are cut off, Holding the banner with just the MonsterPrintz or the full url www.MonsterPrintz.com would look good

12. 1stueyw

1stueyw New Member

how about using something aong the lines of the kids crisps snack

Attached Files:

13. 1970Forest

There would be copyright issues

14. 1970Forest

Gave this a shot too

monster.png

15. 1stueyw

1stueyw New Member

even by putting your own twist to it?????????.......... i don't mean using the exact image or lettering.

16. ozone73

ozone73 Member

I like your's Forest. Here's my 2nd attempt. I can make the text even larger if need be.

Attached Files:

17. Tioc

Tioc New Member

I like the idea of both, I will prob end up cutting the legs off (logo starting from waist up) and have the sign hanging below onto the webpage. Not sure about a sign or to have just the words dangling down. Using a thick font like the old DISKO/SNAP ITC font tp mke it look like hes dangling the words onto the page.

18. 1970Forest

TIOC

Please can you explain what is going on here; Diff Forum
    It seems you (possibly) are taking other peoples designs and posting as your own on the above website link.

Or Ozone is this you???? may well be as your tag goes to your website

Sorry TIOC if I've jumped the gun on this

19. ozone73

ozone73 Member

@Forest- That is me on that other forum. That is a forum for a webhost I use. I like to post stuff that I make on there for other people to see. I even put them on my FaceBook page as well. And if you've ever noticed on some of the graphics I make here my watermark consists of fmwd ... which is short for my site name.
    :)

20. 1970Forest

lol, never really thought about your wm, but makes sense now...

When I first saw it thought someone was stealing your work....hehehehe

Again Tioc apologies for the original accusation (but hope you understand?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.