1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Counterstrike Template

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by nickyw_uk, Jan 11, 2010.

1. nickyw_uk

nickyw_uk New Member

Hi everyone,

First of all let me say that I think this website and it's layouts are awesome, so thanks for that!

Secondly, can I ask for some help? I downloaded the fab Counterstrike template to use for a fan site and it's working OK in most parts, but I'm having trouble with the content.

If I don't have a lot of stuff to put on the main content page, the page shrinks and I lose the white borders on the left navigation frame and the photo frame on the right. Can someone explain why this happens and how do I stop it from happening?

This is the layout I downloaded: Counter-Strike template

I hope my question makes sense!
    Thanks
    Nicky

2. enigma1

enigma1 New Member

you could setup a height for the page_content div in the style.css.
    Code:
    #page_content {
        padding: 15px 17px 10px;
        font-weight: bold;
        text-align: left;
        [B]height: 500px;[/B]
    }

3. nickyw_uk

nickyw_uk New Member

Awesome! Thanks so much! I can't believe that I couldn't work that out for myself! LOL! :eek:

4. nickyw_uk

nickyw_uk New Member

Oh, one more thing.... If I add the 500px limit to the page height, what happens when I want text to continue scrolling down after the 500px limit? Can I introduce a scroll bar or is it better to go onto a new page? Thanks again :)

5. enigma1

enigma1 New Member

yes right after the height: 500px line you can also add:

overflow : auto;

That will create a scrollbar automatically if the text requires more than the height to fit in.