1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Corrupt PSD files???

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by soundcreations, Jul 30, 2007.

1. soundcreations

soundcreations New Member

I have run into this several times with some of the new templates I have downloaded. For instance: Media

When I try opening it up in Photoshop 6 here are some of the dialog boxes I am seeing.

Unknown data has been encountered reading the layer "Contact Us" and will be discarded. Continue?

OK CANCEL

"OK"

Some layer sets were found corrupt and repaired
    OK

"OK"

Could not open "D:\media.psd because there is not enough memory (RAM).
    OK

"OK"

The RAM issue puzzles me as I have 2.5 gb on board.
    I tried re-starting my machine as well to make sure that there were no other programs running so Photoshop could have all the room it needed.

This has also happened on a few other PSD files from templates as well.
    I have been able to open other succesfully.

Could this be because some of the newer files might have been created in new versions of Photoshop that do not open correctly in older versions?

Thanks for the help.

2. elegos

elegos New Member

Maybe the authors used an updated version of Photoshop (the latest release is the CS3 one)... try to open the projects with GIMP... it's free and similar to photoshop (yeah, it's free and don't expect ALL the functions of Photoshop, but it can read all the PSD documents and does his job ;) )

3. hostdaddy

hostdaddy New Member

I recommend Gimp as well, they're may be a version difference like elegos said.

http://www.gimp.org/