1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Customization Convert to Wordpress Theme

Discussion in 'General' started by Judia, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judia

Judia New Member

Hello, I have a css/html template that I'd like to convert to a wordpress theme. can anyone do that for me?

2. Judia

Judia New Member

Alright.

I took a crack at coding it all myself, but it's showing error messages all over the place. Could someone help me sort it out? I included a zip folder of the template. =( Would appriciate help. ALOT.

Attached Files:

• jubi.zip
      File size:
      14.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Judia

Judia New Member

I'm just askign for a simple help everyone...that's all.

4. tomw

tomw Member

Although you have made a simple request but right now not too many members here are knowledgeable about WP theme so you might not get the help right away. However, WP is a very popular system and they have a very active community where you probably can get this type of help quite quickly. Go to their support forum and see if they can help you with that. Good luck.

5. jtarrier

jtarrier New Member

You don't have a style.css

Hi Judia,

First thing I notice from your zip file is that you don't have a style.css which is one of the minimum requirements to tell WordPress that you have created a theme.

I am attaching the style.css from the WordPress default TwentyEleven theme so you can see the important information you need to give in the comments section at the top.

I had to rename it to style.css.txt to upload so just delete the .txt from the filename when you download it.

Put the downloaded and edited (for theme name etc) style.css into your theme folder and see how it goes.

Hopefully the default styling will also give you a head start for your theme then you can edit as necessary.

For great CSS info go to w3schools.com

All the best,

Jeremy :cool:

Attached Files:

6. Judia

Judia New Member

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/39/5470539/html/wp-content/themes/jubi/index.php on line 4

I got that error message. what do you think that means?

7. jtarrier

jtarrier New Member

RE: *Parse error*: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in index.php

Hi Judia,

Currently line 4 of your index.php reads:

Code:
    <? php $query_string .= "&paged=1&posts_per_page=1";
    Try removing the space just before the "php" i.e.

Code:
    <?php $query_string .= "&paged=1&posts_per_page=1";
    All the best,

Jeremy :cool:

8. Judia

Judia New Member

=3 you guys rule. thanks! i'll try that.

9. Judia

Judia New Member

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/39/5470539/html/wp-content/themes/jubi/index.php on line 146

another error.=( i tried to figure it out but the only thing i have on that linke is <?php get_footer(); ?>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.