1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Convert a FWT Template into a Working Wordpress Blog!

Discussion in 'General' started by GDSweb.ca, May 29, 2009.

1. GDSweb.ca

GDSweb.ca Moderator/Developer

Hey everyone,

I had a little time on my hands so I've decided to take a template from FWT and convert it into a working Wordpress Blog and write a Tutorial for everyone to use so you can make one too!

I used the 'Party Time' template for this conversion. https://freewebsitetemplates.com/template4.php

The tut will take me a day or two to put up so in the mean-time have a look at the 'in-progress' example. http://gdsweb.ca/charity/

Let me know what you think, and stay tunned for the Tut!!!!:cool:

oh, and one more thing....when I finish making the site I will give it away for someone to use....

2. GDSweb.ca

OK guy's I'm almost done the conversion....now I just need to write the tut......

I'm going to make the WP theme available for download (If that's OK with Mimoun) ...off my site for anyone to use with the 'Party Time ' Template =)

3. GDSweb.ca

4. GDSweb.ca

OK everyone here is the tut for a simple conversion.....it's just one way of doing it....probably the most easy way in my books....enjoy!

Blog Conversion Tutorial

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Simple to follow, easy and to the point.
    Nice work - now even I can do it quickly and I'll bet CovertPea will give it a try.

6. Chef Boy

Chef Boy New Member

Thanks, awesome work. This will be very useful!

7. islabucasgrande

islabucasgrande New Member

Nice work indeed only that it's darker.

8. gandalph

gandalph New Member

This is a really nice idea, thanks - I've had a look at your 'before' and 'after', and I'm impressed that you've managed to convert so well.

I'll have a look at your tutorial, and maybe try this myself too ;)

9. ertdfg22

ertdfg22 Banned

Thank you very much for your help!