1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Confounded... help please!

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by emileezer, Aug 22, 2009.

1. emileezer

emileezer New Member

Hi, I am new here. I looked around to see if this problem has come up, but couldn't find anything, so now I'm asking.

I purchased a template that has 6 pages, named index.html, index_1.html, index_2.html, etc, plus layout.css and style.css

I went to change the header image, which says it is defined in layout.css. I just replaced the file with the file I wanted. It has changed in all of the files except for index.html.

The file name (top.jpg) is not actually showing in the layout code, so I don't know what it is pointing at. I tried changing the file directly on that page, and it just keeps redirecting me back to the layout page.
    How can I get it to change? I am using Dreamweaver CS3 if that helps. When I was working on changing index.html (for example, the links to the main pages (home, about, etc.) it is changing on all the other pages, so the page isn't stand alone or anything.

I appreciate any and all help!

2. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

That is a tuff one without being able to see your page code.

You could right click and copy link address. That will tell you where the picture file is located. then make a copy of the new picture file with the same name as the old one and just upload it to replace the old one. That would at least fix the problem if not solve it.

3. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Like your page looks nice.

4. emileezer

emileezer New Member

thank you.