1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Changing Image and Colour in Template

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by shanity, Mar 6, 2008.

1. shanity

shanity New Member

Hello,

I have downloaded the salt and soap template (and prior to that the Charity template which I successfully edited and am now using). I have downloaded the salt and soap for another website I am creating, but I want to change everything blue to pink, and I want to change the header image to one of my own. Like I said I successfully did this with the charity template and I have now re created that to what I need. But for some reason I am not able to make these changes in the salt and soap template.

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004-and I prefer to use the visual design mode as opposed to the code mode. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it! I need to get this template done ASAP so I can get the site up and running.

Thanks hope to hear from someone soon!

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Everything blue to pink?

How about the fawn/beige coloured vertical "Features" tab?
    Let me know and I'll have a go.
    Cheers
    CP

3. shanity

shanity New Member

no I don't want the beige menu bar to be pink. I just want anything that is currently blue to be pink.

4. CovertPea

Here's your previewed pink redo...
    Zipped file below

5. shanity

shanity New Member

WOW! That's awesome! Thank you SO much!!! :):):)

Now how would I go about changing the header photo? I have a photo I'd like to insert there... for now. The person I am arranging this website for wants to have roses at the top of the site-for now. She may want to change it in a few months or a year.... or maybe she never will. But how would I go about changing the photo header?

Thank you again SOOOOOOOO much! I have been working on this non stop for the last 2 days!

6. CovertPea

Hello again...
    So that I can keep the header file layered what 'image editor' do you use?

7. shanity

shanity New Member

I use Photoshop or Illustrator.

Thanks!!!

8. CovertPea

No problem,
    Attached is psd (created in ps v7, hope there's no hiccups!).
    Simple 3 layers, pink background border, a plain white layer for your friend's photo header (keep it the same size so it doesn't cover the BG border) and the top "Features" tab thingo.

Look forward to seeing the end site result!

Cheers,
    CP