1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Changing .gif images

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by mandom, Jun 17, 2007.

1. mandom

mandom New Member

Hi,

I'm working with the personal site template (https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/template10/) and I want to change the wording on the section headers. The images that were downloaded came as .gif images and a .psd template. I'm using fireworks and I'm having problems with editing (mostly because I don't know what I'm doing and am used to using .png files :)). So, my question is, if I want to change the words on the logo and other images, how do I edit the .gif in fireworks? Or, can I change them on the site template (have already converted to .png) and use them from there? I tried saving the logo from the template as a new image but the text came out very pixelated/rough and it looks bad.

Also, is there an easy way to change the background color on the other tabs so the background color corresponds to the tab color?

Thanks for any help!

2. kirtapp

kirtapp New Member

I haven't downloaded any of these templates, but more templates that come in a .psd file allow you to make the changes in photoshop. You would then open the .psd file in fireworks and slice it to make each area either a .gif slice or an html slice.