1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Changing Colours in a template

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by bat, Jan 15, 2009.

1. bat

bat New Member

Hello,

I am a newbie to this, I have downloaded the free Hair Salon Template. I have managed to edit the text and some of the photos. I would like to change the background from being RED to MAUVE. How can I do this ? I have opened the style.css file but am lost....

Please help.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

You need to edit the style.css file in the wrapper section
    Code:
    #wrapper {
     text-align: left;
     margin: 15px auto;
     width: 778px;
     position: relative;
     background: #[COLOR=red]C98F9D[/COLOR] url(images/bg.jpg) repeat-y;
     border: 5px solid #750306;
    }
    old code
    Code:
    background: [COLOR=red]maroon[/COLOR] url(images/bg.jpg) repeat-y;
    but if you look at the file and the images you will find they are tied together and your color selection may not come out as you think.
    This is one template where the color s tied to the images.

3. bat

bat New Member

Thank you for your response. Can you suggest ways I can change the colous in the images then ? I am guessing I will need to do this in Photoshop and thus will need to pay for this, also it may distort the look that is already there !

I am setting up an Image Consulting website, as in personal image styling and I need the website to be in some shade of violet, be it lilac, mauve or another shade. Have you any suggestions ?

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

The Image consulting web site... is it going to be for free?
    You answered your own question. You will need to edit the photos or the best way would be to edit the hairsalon.psd file with a editor.