1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Change the Colors

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by DelicateMelodies, Feb 12, 2007.

1. DelicateMelodies

DelicateMelodies New Member

How to I change the colors in the HTML?:confused:

2. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

If you have dreamweaver o Frontpage its very easy to edit the colors, but if you dont you will have to edit the code manually.

3. DelicateMelodies

I am pretty good at modifying HTML, and I can change the color if I see something in the HTML code to this nature: bgcolor="#ffffff". But the travel template I downloaded doesn't seem to have anything like that in it. I want to change the background from blue to light purple.

4. paul374

paul374 New Member

the back ground could be an image... check the images that came with it and look for one that says bg or something like that.

5. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

what template are you using? it may be set using css

6. DelicateMelodies

I am using this one: https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/template16/ :confused: I chose the template not so much because I really liked the pictures and colors, but because I liked where everything was located... Maybe I should give up a start over with a new template?:eek:
    ~Christine :)

7. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Alot of that template had images as it background. All you have to do is open up the image with a image editor and just change the colors to what you want then save over the original image.

8. DelicateMelodies

Okay I think I figured out what image makes the background, I think it is this rectangle shape dark blue image- tiled. But how did it get on my webpage? I never uploaded that certain picture to my web host's directory.
    ~Christine