1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Blogs Reviews

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Jose Achada, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Jose Achada

Jose Achada New Member

2. vareside

vareside New Member

Both of the blogs hosted at blogspot are pretty good and informative but they look very crowded apart from the fact that I do not understand the language of the second one.

As a private blog made to inform people it's good but nothing for a commercial purpose. Therefore you schould keep up displaying a constant design with several elements where the user can easily and without any stress and deeper views discover what is your blog for including a stylish and short overview.

3. muzammal

muzammal New Member

Nice blogs. It is good idea to start with blogpsot and wordpress free hosting while you are new to blogging. However, these have limits in different aspects as compared to other purchased hosting blogs. I have noticed that , Blogpsot blogs are ranked quickly by google as compared to other free hosting options. I have also started with free blogs and now I have moved to purchased domains and hosting.

Cheers :)

4. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

I have to disagree with muzammal.

It's not a good idea to start with Blogger or WordPress and then move to a hosted account. You should start from a hosting account as of day 1.

Here's why:

Let's say you spend a year writing a bunch of blog posts and manage to attract many links, create a name for yourself, and even managed to get a few articles go viral and linked on Digg, StumbleUpon, etc.

Now one day you decide to graduate up to a hosted blog account. Guess what? Not only are you going to have a lot of fun transferring your blog 100+ blog posts to a new account, you're also starting from square 1 . . . all over again.

I've been blogging for less than a year and have a few search terms which get me to the top of Google. I couldn't imagine transferring to a new domain name. I'd lose all I've built up.

About Your Blogs:

Well I don't read the language so my review isn't as good as it could be.

First, I don't see anywhere where someone can subscribe to your blog by email or RSS. This is a pretty standard thing. Make sure that RSS image is up in the right corner.

I'm a little confused as to why on Mobiles 3000 there is english at the top and then another language below? I'd think you'd want it consistant.

For your sidebars, I don't see a categories or recent posts widget. You need those.

I'm not sure what Dicas is about? There's nothing telling me who this blog is for or why it's here. Make sure to explain to me why I, the reader, should read your blog.