1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Others BeautySalon Template for Joomla!

Discussion in 'Free HTML Templates' started by xos, Jun 2, 2007.

1. xos

xos New Member

Hello there,

I took the BeautySalon template and modified it to work with Joomla! It's a tad different.

View it here

2. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Very nice work! :)

3. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Nice work but... not sure how Mimoun will take to you distributing it from another website.

4. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

True, I hadn't thought about that, does it have a link to Freewebsitetemplates.com on it?

5. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Yep it does have a link stating that it was designed by Freewebsitetemplates.com

6. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Just because you place some text on the template saying it was made by Freewebsitetemplates.com does mean you are allowed give it out to people from your own site.

You will need Mimouns permission 1st

7. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Oh, I know, I was just curious if they left the link to freewebsitetemplates.com on the template...I wasn't saying that makes it ok or anything, honestly I don't know what Mimoun will say about it.

8. xos

xos New Member

Hello,

So, Mimoun is the author? If so I'll put his name in there as the author. I couldn't find the author so currently I have the author stated as Unknown. Look in the CSS and the HTML on the very top. I have even included your site in there. I'm only taking credit for modifications, nothing more.

Before I went and modified the template I read the Terms of Use.

It does state here I can modify and redistribute:

Unlike most free template providers you can do a lot with our templates. Modify it and redistribute it as long as you state that you used a template originally made by Free Website Templates. We have worked hard to make the templates and ask that you respect our hard work so we can continue providing you with high quality templates.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules. But if I am, please let me know. If the author wishes it removed from my site, I'll remove it.

I'm planning on modifying some more so if there are any problems please tell me.

Xos

9. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Ok, then you have nothing to worry about, if the terms of use specifically state that you may redistribute it as long as you state that you used a template originally made by Free Website Templates...there are no rules broken. So I will say again...great work! :) And thank you for being wise enough to read the terms and conditions... :)

10. xos

xos New Member

Thanks for your kind words.

There are actually 2 versions of Joomla circulating right now, I made the template for the 1.0.x series but I'm having a bit of trouble with the 1.5 series. I'll figure it out tho :)

I like the templates in this site - To the author/s good work!

XOS

11. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I have been trying to learn how to modify for Joomla 1.5 with little luck, I managed to create a template for Joomla 1.5 however, it took quite a while to do, I did it for a client. I am hoping that like everything else I have learned, it will come easier with each one I do.

I agree with you on the quality of the templates on this site, I used to belong to a couple of other "free template" sites, however, the quality wasn't even comparable to the quality of these so I have now emerged myself in this site and quit the other ones. Just because someone doesn't have a lot of money shouldn't mean that can't have a very nice website. :)