1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Beacons Phoenix - Football Badge Design

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Adly Bear, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

Hello,
    We are starting a new football club called Beacons Phoenix. About 2 years ago CovertPea helped create a brilliant design for our kit which went down really really well, it was for 'F.C Beacons'. I'm hoping I can get a similar service, if it is half a good as last time I will be over the moon!

Many Thanks

Adly Bear

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    I would like 'Beacons Phoenix' along the top of the circled badge scrolling round. At the botton going around the badge I'd like 'Rise of the Bottom'

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    We have no Website at present. A Plain (No Fill) background would be prefered

3) Description of your website or business:
    Football Club

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    Please see Attched file

5) Requested size of your logo:
    It will be printed on shirts (high resolution)

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Please see Attched file

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Text and Image

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Dark Orange Phoenix with Dark red Trim and Dark Red Text

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    White

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Professional, eye catching

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Football/Soccer team , if possible.

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Football shirts only

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    N/A

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    Calibri or whatever you believe suits.

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Hello Adley,
    I couldn't recall doing a badge for you, but I did manage to find the FC Beacons file in amongst some old saves.
    Looking at this request,
    seems kind of an odd phrase. (unless it is meant to be humorous) :rolleyes:

Anyways...
    If you could help out around the forum as mentioned in the request 'sticky', I'm sure either myself or other members can start the ball rolling with a design over the next few days.
    Cheers
    CP

3. CovertPea

Here's what I've come up with.
    I tried it without a background ( like in the sample you posted but it looked washy.It also looked far too close to that other team's crest)
    What do you think?
    Beacons-Phoenix-FORUM.jpg

4. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

That looks brilliant. Thank you! Apologies not to get back sooner, I have been away for the bank holiday.

Could I try a minor Adjustment please. Change the black to a red and the text and bird to a gold or similar colour.

Sorry I have not been active on the forum, I have been looking through threads but struggling to add much value with my lack of technical and creative knowledge. I will keep at it though!

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

No need to struggle, just read this thread, fellow it an give a couple of reviews or click on CovertPea's link.

6. CovertPea

Here's with the adjustment, you didn't mention what colour you wanted the inner circle to be.
    Beacons2-forum.jpg

7. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

Thanks covertpea. I love them both. Really grateful for all the hard work. Many many thanks!

8. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

Is it possible to send the 2 logos without the watermarks please covertpea?

9. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

I know this is very last minute but I had a brainwave for the design of the badge yesterday. Would it be possible to remove the circle but keep the text above badge (club name only) and below insert a beacon, with the Phoenix coming out of it? I have found a beacon at the link below. You would simply just need to remove the flame and text. Is this possible? I see great things in my head.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...fari&gl=uk&biw=320&bih=356&tbm=isch&sa=2#i=72

Many thanks
    Adley Bear

10. CovertPea

Not seeing that beacon image. Can you post the correct link please?

11. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

I have uploaded the file. It is just the torch I need. The flame will be the bird if that makes sense....

Many Thanks

Attached Files:

12. CovertPea

Here's with the torch (showing 3 colour variations)
    Beacons-3-up.jpg

13. robert wallace

robert wallace New Member

The 3 designs there look super , i really like the one on the top right hand side.

14. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

After getting feedback for the team member the preferred option was the top left badge. The outline detail on the Beacon was the deciding factor. Before sending the final version is it possible to reduce the size of the Beacon slightly so there is more of the Phoenix Bird coming out?

Many, many thanks again CovertPea. your hard work is really appreciated!

Adly Bear

15. CovertPea

Attached is zipped file of the crest in 2 sizes.
    Let me know when you have downloaded it so it can be removed from forum.

Cheers and good luck with the team!
    CP

16. Adly Bear

Adly Bear New Member

Cheers CovertPea. That is spot on, looks superb!

Take car

Adly Bear

17. Tom Hitchcock

Tom Hitchcock New Member

Like those a lot! Convinced me to ask CovertPea to help with my teams badge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.