1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Banner for Volunteer Fire Dept.

Discussion in 'Free Graphics' started by Volunteer FF, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

First, I want to thank everyone for this site, its great to see so much comradery!

I will try to make this short, we have a web hosting company, they have made our website for dummies. What I mean is they gave us controls to update and add stories, photos and banners in a way easy for people with little website experience.

Recently we had a very generous company DONATE us rescue gloves for all of our members. We as a dept. would like to show our appreciation by giving him an advertising banner on our site. We can add the banner no problem but we have to have it made first. With times as they are and being 100% volunteer money is tight. So I ask if someone can make us a banner

I have pics and logos the company gave to me so I can email to get started. So email me and I will give specifics.

Hope someone is willing to lend us a hand, thanks for the time.

John

P.S. I found this site while googling "how to make free website banners" myself, as you can see it didn't work out to well, LOL

Ok, Added some pics cause ISH told me too. The website is www.kentland33.com

The photo is what I started to play with but couldnt work it out. it doesnt have to be used, just a start. I thought of cutting the excess around the pic of the glove and the dragon logo and adding it into the pic. I want it to asy "The Official Rescue Glove of Kentland 33" in the banner.

The banner needs to be 468x 120

Attached Files:

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

just click the "Edit" button at bottom right of your post,
    then below that look for the button marked "Go Advanced" click it
    You sould see "Additional Options"
    Look for Attach Files and a button marked "Manage Attachments".
    This is what you use to upload pics and zip files.
    Please only upload files no wider than 700px.
    This way the graphic artists can see what they are up against.
    All like you volunteer their time, so you might have to wait, but will get a reply.
    ;)
    A website address is also nice to view.
    Read this post https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3369

3. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

More pics of the glove

Attached Files:

4. ishkey

your banner of the hats? is really streached do you have a better one?
    is there a name and a web site for this glove company?
    can you give some ideas of what you are looking for?
    All info helps. Think like a fire fighter who's trainning the new guy...

5. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

The photo was just something I was playing with, it probably isnt a wise choice for a web site banner.

I was thinking of maybe an accident type scene in the background with the company logo in the foreground with a pic of the glove. similiar to this

the glove website is www.dragonfiregloves.com

Attached Files:

6. ishkey

how about any animated banner?

Attached Files:

7. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

Man, that really looks great. Can you add "The Official Rescue Glove of Kentland 33" somewhere, maybe instead of Firemans Shield Gloves?? Will it be difficult to make this 468 x120, it is a site requirement and How do I get this to add it to the site? Awesome, Thanks for the great work.

8. ishkey

ok- how about this.
    the basic code you would use to make the animation linkable/open in it's own browser window and display on the page is
    make sure you put the animation in your images directory or if you put it in another directory, make sure you change the directory name in the code.

Attached Files:

• DF2.gif
      DF2.gif
      File size:
      152.1 KB
      Views:
  9. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Great work Dave!!! :rolleyes:

10. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

ISH, I have been working on this for sometime now. It appears that through our website we can only add normal banners, it doesnt support scrolling banners at this time at least I still have to confirm as I cannot add it this way.

Would it be possible to ask you to make a change, the banner with the Dragon fire logo and the "official" statement needs a pic of the gloves in it. I want to put this one up while I figure out how to get the scrolling one up.

Everyone at the Firehouse loves the one you made and we are making every attempt to add it, I just want to get something up in the meantime.

Thanks for all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated.

11. ishkey

Ok I'll work on it. In the mean time what page and where are you trying to put it.

12. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

Basically our website allows us to place banners under a banner manangement function. It allows us to browse for banners and add them and then choose how many time they appear and when they expire, etc.

When I browse it only allows for stuff on my computer. Havent got past that yet.

It will appear at the top of our webpage, where the current "Battalion" banners is

13. ishkey

Ok I'm lost on what page as I do Not see it.
    So you browse to up load from filles from your pc when you are in the website just like in the advance mode here on this forum... yes/no

14. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

yes, if I save the banner page as non animated to my pc I can upload it similiar to this forum.

The web company we used has added predetermined areas where banners will appear on the site according to size once we upload them. I cannot add any code, its basically a function for dummies, LOL and i still cant get it right.

The place I want the banner to appear is in the 468x120 slot which is currently where the battalion banner appears on our site right now

www.kentland33.com

15. ishkey

Ok here is a quickie - tell me if it's ok or needs something else.
    As the wife is ready to get back on the motorcycle to go see on of the kids. Riding all day I drive she looks, I'm saddle sore, she needs more wind in her face. Go figure.
    Just cought your post - thats 800x323 pixels. I guess it will adjust for the banner ads.
    Anyway this one is 468x120 so just right click on it and "save picture as"
    where ever you want to put it and name it.

Attached Files:

16. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

Looks great, I will try and load it. Thanks for all the hard work, or maybe for you it isnt. Enjoy the Ride!!!!

17. ishkey

You meant The series which is the size you said - man am I brain dead today...

18. ishkey

I don't understand why you can not upload the animated gif, after all all it is just a file with a "gif" extension. Unless your webhost doesn't allow it, but that would be strange as most banners are animated or maybe there is a size limit, how many bytes the graphic can be.
    check into it.
    anyway here is another just to have one more in the rotation.

Attached Files:

19. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

Well, if you are feeling in the giving spirt I have another banner I need for an up and coming decal company that donated vinyl work for our engine and rescue squad. I felt bad asking for another. The site is www.atgraphicsandsigns.com I promised him I would take care of him once I figured this baner stuff out, but with your help its moving along. I have permission to use what ever I need off the site to make this happen. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks a ton for everything!!!

20. Volunteer FF

Volunteer FF New Member

Also, I contacted the web people, they are looking into it. I think is has to do with the way they set up the site for us to be able to load the baners ourselves without contacting them. When I hit browse it wants to look on my PC, If I save the banners to my pc it looses the animation?? I tried to paste the url in the upload line but it would not go. I gave up, the fix you made went up fine!
    Everyone agreed they want the first one you made though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.