1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Band Logo and artwork request - Rising Feud

Discussion in 'Free Graphics' started by RisingFeud, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RisingFeud

RisingFeud New Member

-----------------------------------------------------
    I was not sure where exactly to post this so I've made a thread here and in the Request a logo customization section. I would kindly ask the moderators to delete the post that is made in the wrong forum. thank you. You can find the other post at the link below.
    https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forums/threads/band-logo-and-art-request-rising-feud.20824/
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Hello everyone,

We're a new heavy metal band called Rising Feud. We've started with a few concerts and we have one studio recording but now we find ourselves in a desperate need for a logo and cover art. Unfortunately none of us have any skills in graphic design or similar and currently we do not have the cash to hire someone for this. We've seen this forum and we're hoping you guys might help.
    I know that what we are asking in this thread might be a little too much as this forum from what we can see is only for logo requests and not for poster art or somethign similar. We've posted also simpler alternatives if this is too time consuming.

As written in the rules, we'll help here as much as we can with reviews etc.

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    RISING FEUD.

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    We don't have an official site yet, but for more information about us, you can go here:http://www.facebook.com/RisingFeud

5) Requested size of your logo:
    High resolution. It will be needed for posters, t-shirts etc.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Unfortunately we do not have any images for this logo that are not already copyrighted.
    What we have thought of is this:
    A picture like the one here - http://juggernaught9900.deviantart.com/art/Rule-of-One-Liberty-205739712?q=favby:tineswari/1295635&qo=7
    A battlefield or something similar, could be an emty field. In it, a kneeling man holding a torn and dirty white flag. The flag pole is in the ground.
    The man kneeling on one knee (left knee), left hand holding the flag, right hand on the earth, in a pose like he is begining to rise up from the ground. The man is sitting with his back to us.
    We do not feel the need for great detail, the man could me more featureless and nothing very detailed. We don't want the focus on the kneeling man, he should be in teh backround just like everything else. If it is a battlefield, the battle and all the action should be somehwere far away, in the backround. Just like in the picture from the above link.
    And the flag to be positioned between Rising and Feud. We have attached an example of this made by a more amature hand :). Nothing written on the flag.
    As for the colors used, we like the ones fromt he pictures in the obeve link.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alternatively, if what we request above is too time consuming, overly complicated, we would settle for a simple logo, maybe something with just the RF letters, sylized and in a shape (rounded maybe), or with the full words Rising Feud but with something that represents our name and our style of music. As an example of a logo we like very much:http://www.4arte.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/gtgm.jpg. Unfotunately we do not have many ideeas for this...

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Image and Text

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Red but not something bright, black. Maybe some more white outlines so that the text can be set on any backround color and be eligible.

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Rock fans but not limited to this.

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    This will help the designer know how to design your logo and to what effect.
    (e.g could be targeted to attract new businesses, gamers, newly weds, children,
    builders etc etc)

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Posters, t-shirts, hats, stickers, wallpapers.

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    We've attached a picture of a font we would like, The only thing we would request is to remove the vines and leaves from this font. The rest of the stylizing is up to you.

Thanks in advance guys, hope to hear from you soon.
    Rising Feud

Attached Files:

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi RF

Your poster request would be extremely time consuming and to be honest not one I would take up for free, maybe others will.

As to the logo design, I would look into this but would need more detail, what you want to see in it, (skulls / fire / blades etc

3. RisingFeud

RisingFeud New Member

Hello Forest,

First of all, thanks a lot for taking an interest in this. Yes, we are aware that the poster would be very time consuming and hopefully in the future we could afford to pay for this.

As for the logo, basically we were looking for something simple, nothing with swords and skulls just the name Rising Feud written in a cool font with some small motifs here and there I don't know.
    As we said in the main post we don't have many ideas here, basically something that can get the meaning Rising Feud out and too look agressive but not overly so.

We're getting together later for a quick brainstorm. We'll update this post in a couple of hours after our little gathering is over, hopefully with more concrete details with which you can work with :).

Thanks again,
    Rising Feud

4. RisingFeud

RisingFeud New Member

Hello!

Ok so after discussing this among ourselves, we came up with this: The letters RF engraved in a metallic surface, maybe a battered shield (that's the best ideea we had, something "but not limited to" this http://testareanew.knightfight.de/img/i/sh_verbeulter_kupferschild.jpg, http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_584/12982756181l0X4b.jpg). Although they are engraved, the letters should stand out. We have no ideea what font to use for the letters, nothing fancy I guess, definitely no flourished medieval letters, something simple and easy to read.

So this is the best we were able to come up with. I know it isn't much but unfortunately we are a painfully unimaginative bunch. And we are no big fans of skulls, blood, swords, barbed wire and such, we like to keep it simple and without too many clichees. Ofcourse if you think you have a better ideea we're all ears, for example the metallic surface on which the RF letters are to be engraved on does not necessarily have to be a shield....we don't know.

Hope all this helps, if you require more info from us, please let us know and we'll respond ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
    Rising Feud

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Have to agree with 1970Forest about the poster request, a band logo is a lot of work in itself.
    I went to the Facebook page in order to see what you guys are about and found - Two Guys Metal Reviews: Rising Feud by Matt Baggins
    He is right about "sound that is often reminiscent of Iron Maiden" though lacking in depth that the old metal bands produced, who ever is blending the sounds on the mixer board should trust their ears rather than the meters and that rich sound will appear. The screeching is somewhat Hendrix but the " and at others reminiscent of KK Downing of Judas Priest", my old ears just can't make that comparison. Seeing what you are about helps in the motivation process considering your statement "we are a painfully unimaginative bunch" and after looking at the FB Cover Photo I have to agree, (no offense to the artist who made it) anyway here is how I envisioned the page should look like.
    A bit of "aggressiveness" by the metal name for the Feud part and a "not overly so" by the letters /background with the fractals in the red sky blending as a sense of rising up.
    I just couldn't wrap my head around your shield idea, made no sense in my mind, almost like the wrong era for a young band.
    Look it over see if you can use it as I will be back on monday - USA time.
    An thanks for the time you spent adding to the forum.

rf3.jpg

6. RisingFeud

RisingFeud New Member

Hello Ishkey,

Thanks a lot for taking some of your time and doing this for us, we really appreciate it!. We like what you did there a lot! Only two things, if you could remove the Tight Heavy Metal writing from the picture and the sparkle from the line below the writting. Other then that, its great, thanks a lot again.

Ah, and if you could send us the backround with the RF letters without the Rising Feud writting, we would appreciate it a lot! I think we can use that as a logo absent anything else :). We think you're right about the shield thing but oh well, you know the unimaginative part and all that :).

We'll PM you our e-mail and stuff.

Thanks again,
    Rising Feud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.