1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aggregation websites no longer allowed

Discussion in 'Free WordPress Themes' started by Mimoun, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Important to note the forum title has always been "share your WordPress themes" not themes from other designers wrapped with your own spam links.

Aggregation websites are no longer allowed.
    Direct download links, preview or info pages only. No indirect linking to an aggregation website full of affiliate links and banners.

I'm getting tired of seeing WordPress themes full of spam links. Plus, having to go to indirect pages full of affiliate links to download any template is just absurd.

Don't even get me started on all the WordPress themes that look the same with different pictures and spam links.

If you disagree with these new rules please reply and tell me why I'm wrong about this. If you make a good argument I might change my mind.

2. watt3k

watt3k New Member

Hey Mimoun,

It's good that you are trying to make this a great place and we should all appreciate that.

However, I think that you're wrong. If you will accept themes posted by their creators only, I'm pretty sure the section will become much less active and a lot of poor quality themes will be promoted. Not saying that this forum is very unpopular, but premium theme creators releasing a free theme from time to time won't even bother posting its link on forums.

Anyway, not sure about the rest of the guys posting themes, but I know that the websites that I somehow post links to are not spammy and you don't really have to click any affiliate link to download the theme I'm promoting. Any topic visitor is only 2 clicks away from downloading the theme (one to access my website, another one for the "Download" button).

From my point of view (I know that I'm struggling to post only free quality themes), you should reconsider this. I do agree to not let those "full of spam" websites promote anything here because they can even be dangerous to visitors, but you shouldn't totally restrict theme posting from aggregation websites.

Regards

3. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Just letting you know I have been working on a solution for this. I will let you know once I have worked out all the details.