1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics A quick build

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Glen Quagmire, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Glen Quagmire

Glen Quagmire New Member

I am knocking up a quick web site using a template from this site. I am doing ok I think with the html edititnig but I do not get how to chenge the text on the logos and other images. I know it will involve photoshop. I still have CS2 as I only ever use it for re sizing images.

Can any one give me a quick guide as to how to change the text on images or give me a link as i have looked through the forum and had no joy

Thanksn in advance

Glen Quagmire
    Gigidy goo

2. bahama llama

bahama llama New Member

Yep you have to open up the .psd file and look for the layer with the text on it. You may have to unlock the layer before editing and be aware that the font used may not be available on your system if you don't have that particular font installed but it will let you know and give you the choice to pick a replacement font. What I have done is usually just duplicate the layer or whatever is involved and make the original layer invisible and then edit my copy. This way if I butcher it or I don't like it I can just delete mine and go back to the original real easy like. D

3. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member