1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites A little Review Please....

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GDSweb.ca, May 28, 2009.

1. GDSweb.ca

GDSweb.ca Moderator/Developer

OK I know this is the 'Website Review' section, but I need a review on a Coat of Arms painting and graphic I'm doing for my Family.....

So, if anyone and everyone can give me an honest opinion it would be of great help.:D

PS: Mods, if you want to move this to a different section you can....

Also just so everyone knows...there is a watermark in each part of the pic, so don't steal it! ...cause if I find it I can prove it's mine!!

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Brilliant work!

Did you create this yourself? What program did you use?
    I'm also curious as to what the Latin text means.

(I can see a flood of family crest requests coming from this!) :D

3. GDSweb.ca

Thanks CP!

Yes I made it myself!
    This is really a photograph of a test painting for my COA that I converted to a graphic......neat little trick I know=)

And I bet you're right about the flood...lol..

....oh and a rough translation of 'KEPPTU AÐ ÆÐSTA MARKI' is :: 'Compete with All' - (very rough)

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Is this a made up symbol or your family Crest
    Usually they have an eagle, hawk or falcon
    what kind of bird is it
    What does the crest symbolize or mean
    example: Palmer (the name) came from bringing back palm frons (or leaves) from the holy land (during one of the crusaids).The crest has palm frons on it. The family crest with the glove reaching out from the top of the shield holding the crown was the Queen's guard (or royal family guard). They have symbols for first son, second son, etc. also for where you came from (England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany, etc.).
    -
    falcon
    (BTW - my family crest has the falcon on it)

5. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Mine should have manacles on it as we come from good ol' hardy English convict stock!
    ;)

6. navyfalcon

Did they go to australia via courtesy of the British navy ??
    falcon

7. GDSweb.ca

Hey bud,

This is my family's crest that I have touched up to look better....
    The bird is an Icelandic Falcon, and hence...I'm Icelandic=)
    as for what it means...I will have to ask my uncle about that(he's the family historian), and I'll let you know!:D

wow look @ that, 50 posts in 3 day's.....nice!

8. navyfalcon

9. GDSweb.ca

Thanks bud, I'm still waiting to hear back from my uncle (he's a slow folk) about what the crest really means....but when I find out, You'll find out=)

Thanks for the info, I knew it was a norwal, but I will check out the rest of the stuff!....you have the right bookmarks!

Regards,

Kris