1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics 3d looking shield

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by ishkey, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Using just linear fills, parts shown on the left right - what do you think.

shield.png

valerie20110 and Mimoun like this.
  2. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

Thats is fantastic, looks great!! I have been working on some graphics lately and would love to even come close to the ability you guys and gals show on here. The button I have for my profile is my first ever, after following some tutorials etc, not the best but I'm getting there :)

Will you now been offering these as football badges, for use on club website's etc??

3. ishkey

thanks Wanderer - Digital Media Computing Student
    "Will you now been offering these as football badges, for use on club website's etc??"
    Badges and logo are made per the persons request, if the basis of this one fills that need, then why not. I enjoy tinkering around and getting feedback as there is normally someone who shows me another way to produce the same effect and those who provide constructive ideas.

"I have been working on some graphics lately and would love to even come close to the ability you guys and gals show on here."
    I'm sure you will, who knows maybe you are already. The worst critic is yourself.
    What software are you studying? Your button looks pretty good for the first ever following a tut.
    Believe it or not all of us here still enjoy finding new tuts, trying them out and posting our masterpieces:rolleyes: up for peoples comments and questions. That way everyone has a chance to learn something and admire another's technique.
    Make sure you post up the next thing you finish or working on, so we can have a look.
    Keep up the good work.

4. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

Thanks Ishkey.

The software I have been working with mostly is adobe CS5, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Fireworks. I'v also used Paint.Net and Gimp but not really fimiliar with any as of yet lol. The tut's have been great and they are helping me learn a lot about different techniques and the software itself.

I'm starting to design a few websites and will try post some of the work (and problems I'm having) soon. These are just mock design's that I can add to a portfolio, still got a long way to go but the help I have been receiving from FWT has been great and I will continue to try and provide more help to other users along the way :)

5. ishkey

There is so many softwares out there and even more tuts to learn, to become familiar with all would be like searching for the end of the internet. For me I just try to have a basic understanding of which software I need at the time.
    Adding to the profile - good for you. Post up any time you need to.

Right now I'm working taking these elements into Blender to convert it to a wire frame.
    Latter I will skin it and maybe try to animate it.
    train elements.jpg

6. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

well that's a bit too complicated for me just now lol I have just downloaded blender but not played around with it yet, looks like a good program though?

7. ishkey

It's a program that has really matured over the years, lots of fun, but it can be a little daunting at times.
    A gaming style pc is nice if you are going to put the program through it's paces and you don't mind waiting for the renderings to finish.

8. ishkey

Well I kinda got one part just isn't right yet and I've tinkered around so much that I am not sure all the steps it took to get this one piece.:confused: May have to go back to the old think tank or shelf this one for a while until the switch in my brain becomes unstuck. (switch in the brain - train track switch - hummm)

cab.jpg

9. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

I'v had a little look at the software again and I think I will give it a few weeks before diving in for a proper look lol.... I shall stick to filling the brain with Adobe for the time being :)

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress :)

10. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Ish are you using your fav programme, as with PS which I dabbled you have to each side in turn....grrr

11. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

??? (scratching head) I'm almost sure I posted a comment about Ishkey's shield.
    (save me a bed please funny farm)
    Love the shield Ish. I would have thought there would be more than just 4 layers for such a top result. Great Job!
    As for blender...looked into the program a few years ago, too much thinking for this tired old brain to master. :D

12. ishkey

1970Forest - ???
    CovertPea - Thanks
    I've been playing with Blender for long while off and on. Just when I get the bug to use it, my excitement starts to drop as I am using it. It seems to be getting more complex and powerful as time marches on.
    This older brain just tries to play with it and not to well I might add.
    Trying to make a wooden train with just 11 parts is becoming shall I say very time consuming.
    (just look at the parts that are not looking right) parts2.jpg
    I don't understand, just the other day with the grand-daughters I was able to make a train out of wooden blocks in no time. :(

13. ishkey

Well I shelved the 3d train for awhile. I find at times it's best to step back when things aren't working, leave it alone to clear the mind and maybe it will come. So with that being said I made an attempt at carving in wood and stone but me thinks I have a long way to go. Maybe someone else could throw one together and post it up.

combo.jpg

14. ishkey

Finally -
    Managed to get the train parts to the right proportion and assembled.
    Now the next step will be to animate it. Don't know how yet, but thinking of putting it on some railroad tracks.
    I keep you updated. Here it is glued together.
    tw.png

here is the not so right parts parts.png that Blender is awesome, but does have a steep learning curve.

15. ElPwno

ElPwno New Member

Very nice work with stripes and lightning effect on the shield. I'll be awaiting an update on the train, btw.

16. Anwar04<3

Anwar04<3 Member

Wow ! nice work Bro :)